All works on this blog are protected by copyright, BSYates Art







Monday, October 17, 2011

Abstract expressionistic art


Broken and Blue 20x20
acrylic on canvas
My goal over the next few weeks is to take the many definitions of "Abstract art",
and do my interpretation. Here is my first one titled Broken & Blue. Maybe even
emulating the famous artist listed below. I started with a plain white canvas on the
easel and applied paint with my knife. As I continued over the next several
hours and days my paint was scraped, blended, scrubbed and dripped.
I had to move around my canvas while on the floor on on the easel.
www.bsyatesart.com
www.bsyatesartist.blogspot.com

(noun) - Action Painting emphasizes the process of making art, often through a variety of techniques that include dripping, dabbing, smearing, and even flinging paint on to the surface of the canvas. These energetic techniques depend on broad gestures directed by the artist's sense of control interacting with chance or random occurrences. For this reason, Action Painting is also referred to as Gestural Abstraction. The artists and the various techniques are associated with the movement Abstract Expressionism and The New York School of the late 1940s, 1950s and 1960s (for example, Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning and Franz Kline). about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment